KG Stevens Standard Warranty
KG Stevens warrants the following:
- Natural stone, quartz, or solid surface permanently installed for residential or commercial use for one year.
- Any defects caused by manufacturer during fabrication as determined by the National Stone Institute, Dimension Stone Design Manual, VII.
- Seam performance for one year.
- This warranty covers only the repair or replacement of the affected countertop piece as determined to be defective by manufacturer’s investigation. No other cost, expenses, materials, labor (other than labor for countertop installation), damages or reimbursements associated with the damaged products are covered under this warranty. Specifically, this warranty does not include plumbing, gas, electrical, tile, wallpaper, painted surface or trim cost incurred due to replacement of your countertop.
KG Stevens does not warrant the following:
- Countertops moved from their original permanent placement.
- Natural characteristics of stone such as but not limited to: surface pitting, inclusions, fissures, variations in color, thickness, gloss level, texture, depth and clarity.
- Damage due to physical abuse such as but not limited to: excess weight, standing, sitting, walking on (whether accidental or intentional), excess heat, fire or flame.
- Staining due to chemicals such as but not limited to: paint, stain, putty oils or residue oils, acids, metal cleaners, oven cleaners, solvents and alkalis.
- This warranty does not cover any seam failures and/or material fractures due to inadequate support for the installation and/or out of level substructures. This includes overhangs in excess of the recommendations provided by KG Stevens which are inadequately supported. KG Stevens will assume full responsibility and our one year warranty will apply only in instances where support brackets have been supplied and installed by our installation teams.
- Damage or injury caused in part or in whole by acts of God, job site conditions, structural movement or settling, architectural or engineering design, accidents or vandalism.
- Seam placement or location, color or appearance of seams, color match from piece to piece, seam separation due to movement, impact, excess weight or settling of building. Caulking is not covered.
- Abnormal conditions such as but not limited to: use in dormitories, exteriors, trains, recreational vehicles, boats or aircraft.
- Countertops that have not been paid for in full are not covered by this warranty. Proof of full payment is required for warranty to be effective.
KG Stevens will correct as follows:
- Inspect countertop(s) and if problems are deemed to be abuse or uncovered points outlined herein you may be billed for a standard service call.
- Stains from food and beverages during the first year will be treated by applying a poultice (or other method deemed necessary). This may take more than one application.
To download our Warranty Document, please click the link below.
KG Stevens Lifetime Stain Warranty
The Lifetime Stain Warranty is available at a small upcharge (price varies depending square footage) for select natural stone surfaces. Visit MORE Surface Care for additional information at https://www.moresurfacecare.com/pages/warranty-registration