Because of the variety of natural stones (granite, quartzite, marble, soapstone, and limestone), daily maintenance and cleaning techniques may vary from one stone to the next. Here are some general guidelines to follow regardless of the color or type of stone.
For daily cleaning we recommend:
- Clean stone surfaces with a few drops of neutral cleaner or a mild liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water.
- Do not use products that contain lemon, vinegar, or other acids on marble or limestone.
- Do not use scouring powders or creams; these products contain abrasives that may scratch the surface.
- Use coasters under all glasses, particularly those containing alcohol or citrus juices.
- Thoroughly rinse and completely dry your countertops. This will help remove any streaks or watermarks.
- Do not place hot items directly on the surface of your new countertop. Always be sure to use a trivet or hot pad.
If you would like to learn more about any natural stone, please visit the Natural Stone Institute – https://www.naturalstoneinstitute.org/consumers/care/